Thread: calendar

calendar

I need some pointers about hanging calendars
    will a magnet hold the calendar to a steel sheet ?

My parents use a magnetic metal clip exactly like the attached picture to hold a calendar on metal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We use a couple of these to hang a calendar on the side of the refrigerator. Been using the same pair for years.
    "When the horse is dead, GET OFF."

Brian & Joe , thank you both

Hard drive magnets will hold up your calendar and a whole lot more. I use them all over my shop, I even hang heavy steel parts on magnets attached to wire I attach to my garage door frame to spray paint. The old SCSI drive magnets are so powerful you have to be careful when you handle them, you can get a blood blister real quick if your finger gets between the magnet and a piece of steel.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Hard drive magnets will hold up your calendar and a whole lot more. I use them all over my shop, I even hang heavy steel parts on magnets attached to wire I attach to my garage door frame to spray paint. The old SCSI drive magnets are so powerful you have to be careful when you handle them, you can get a blood blister real quick if your finger gets between the magnet and a piece of steel.

or between two magnets, I ponder this problem for a number of years but never found the ideal solution, I even thought about using a clip board BUT I like the magnet idea better

Blog Entries
    Lee Valley sells rare earth magnets if you don't have any old HDDs laying around to cannibalize.

thanks greg