Thread: How do you store your LV Crosscut Saw?

How do you store your LV Crosscut Saw?

Ive been keeping mine in a box in a drawer. Now Id like to store/hang it on my wall with a couple other things to save some steps. But I dont see an obvious way to do that - its a pistol grip handle, so it wont hang that way and I dont really want to drill a hole in it.

How would you do it?

Thanks,
    Fred

Two thoughts. First, looks at the Gramercy DT saw on the door of this cabinet:

Second, build a small till:

Ahhhh. Both of those would work. I especially like the till. Thanks Sean!

See upper left

Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Ive been keeping mine in a box in a drawer. Now Id like to store/hang it on my wall with a couple other things to save some steps. But I dont see an obvious way to do that - its a pistol grip handle, so it wont hang that way and I dont really want to drill a hole in it.

How would you do it?

Thanks,
    Fred
    Here is my compact storage for now. See upper right. I am a lefty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I keep mine in a till like the second photo. It is easy to grab and put away and always close at hand.
    USMC '97-'01

Thanks Ray! Thanks Adam!

I went with the till route.

It is supposed to get a couple drawers in the empty spaces that I haven't gotten around to doing yet. It is squeezed into a pretty tight space, but it does the job. The plane till next to it ended up being open shelving ... function won out over form in this case.

Attached Images Attached Images

Who is the wooden fore/try plane on the third shelf up by? Looks like a nice, newer one.
    Jamie Bacon

That's one that I build. It's posted in the woodie thread (about a year ago). Hard maple. Traditional one-piece.