Thread: Need Help on my CarveWright

Need Help on my CarveWright

I had one given to me afew years ago and I just can not figure it out.

To let you know I have 50% brain damage and this is just not happening for me. I received it so I can do carvings in boxes I give away to couples that have lost a child from SIDS, Stillbirth, and Miscarriage.

Is there anyone around by me that can show me the light?

Thanks
    Arlin
    It is always the right time, to do the right thing. Arlin Eastman

In life; humor in very necessary. Arlin Eastman

Arlin, have you looked at any of the CarveWright tutorial videos on YouTube?
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Have you visited the CarveWright forums? I'm sure someone will be willing to help over there. Also I think their tech support is available if you give them a call.

What are you having trouble with? The machine or the software?
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Over the loud speaker - "Paging Dr. Lawerence - you are needed in the CW ER."
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I have an account at CW and have talked to people there also. Problem is I just do not have the ability to understand it. Just like turning, I have to have someone show me several times to do it. I still bug the guys at the Turning Club with questions all the time.
    I have found a way to help me in turning and that is by watch a DVD and go out to the garage and do some then go back in and watch a little more an go back out and do some more. I can repeat this process 25 to 45 times if it is a hard turning.

I need to beg my wife to let us get a cheap monitor and DVD to watch them out in the garage.

Arlin

I know it will take awhile for everyone to know I have 50% brain damage and it is a struggle for me everyday just trying to remember to do small projects.
    It is always the right time, to do the right thing. Arlin Eastman

In life; humor in very necessary. Arlin Eastman

You could get a cheap dvd player I see them at goodwill and new ones at dollar general or big lots

7. I highly suggest going to the Carvewright forum. You will find all of the assistance there that you need.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 12-09-2013 at 5:13 PM. Reason: Removed active forum link.

Arlin:

You might, also, consider the projects (about 120 available) that have already been designed for you.

There are also some great Software Tutorials under SUPPORT and AskBud made a lot that are helpful, too. They are located in the same place.

Connie
    Sales & Marketing for LHR Technologies, the makers of CarveWright System