Thread: Kitchen Cabinet Doors

Kitchen Cabinet Doors

I am building my own kitchen cabinets, but I want to buy the doors.

The doors will be maple. Upper cabinets will have 6-lite openings so i can install glass into it. The lower cabinets will be raised panel doors or drawers (both large and small).

Has anyone dealt with the online places? You just enter the info and it gives you prices.

I actually prefer to deal with local places in case there are any problems. Are the local places reasonably competitive in prices? I am willing to spend a little more at a local place. I am talking a lot of doors and drawers.

Steve

Steve what's your location
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!

Steve, I've done what you plan to do with local suppliers. Since you can get prices online, do that research first, then go to a cabinet dealer and ask. I've also purchased doors from a local hardwood dealer who has a cabinet business as a sideline and at the big box stores. The big box stores have pretty liberal return policies, but since this would be a special order, you'd probably have to have a reason for a return. Also, the big box stores often don't have competitive pricing on special order items. Anyway, it's a good idea and saves you a lot of time milling and assembling door panels. Good luck.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

My location is Lockport, NY (just north of Buffalo, NY).

Good advice to get online prices first and then know where I stand before seeing the local guys.

Steve

I've had really good luck on-line with Raw Doors. They have good prices and quality, and since their products are unfinished you can finish everything for a consistent look. There's a pro shop in Gasport, Candlelight Cabinets or something like that, who does really nice work.

John

I use "Keystone Wood Specialties" located not too far from you on occasion, mostly for drawers, but once in a while for doors. Quality and service are as good as it gets. Have used them for over 20 years and on a couple of occasions where drawers were damaged in transit [UPS Gorillas] they got replacements in the mail next day, no charge, no questions asked.

Larry

Thanks for the suggestions.

I priced the doors and drawer fronts at Raw Doors online and it came out to about $1100. Now I have at least one price point to start at.

I found Candlelight Cabinets listed in Lockport, and Gasport Wood Products listed in Gasport. Which one were you referring to as doing great work, John?

I also know about Millwork 2000 in Lockport, which does a lot of advertising locally.

Steve

Plus one for Keystone, online you'll pay shipping but no sales. Local you'll pay sales tax but probably not shipping.
    Thanks John
    Don't take life too seriously. No one gets out alive anyway!