Thread: A little help in SE Wisconsin

A little help in SE Wisconsin

I have been making vacuum chambers for stabilizing. In making the tops, I have to drill and tap a hole for 1/4 NPT brass fitting. Actually I do two, as I put a vacuum gauge in one. I am having a heck of a time doing this straight.

The material I am using is 1/2" acrylic, but I want to try some solid aluminum, or even steel. The acrylic delects way more than I thought it would.

Is there anyone in the Kenosha area that has some tools or tooling that could help me drill and tap a straight hole?
    Marc
    Kenosha, WI

Marc

I'm not anywhere near Kenosha but I might be able to help. How big are the covers you're making? Would they fit in a flat rate box?

Jerry
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

Blog Entries
    Marc
    Do you have a drill press that you could put the tap in and spin it by hand with a little downward pressure until you turn it back out? Or is the piece too big for a drill press?
    Dave
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"