Thread: Tmber Frame Nativity Stable

Blog Entries

Tmber Frame Nativity Stable

Has anyone made a timber frame style stable for a nativity set? I'm looking for a design to replace the cheap one that came with our ceramic nativity set. I would appreciate plans or a link to plans or even good photos of any designs you might have. The figures we have are about 6-7" tall.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

The simplest ones I've seen are a shed type of structure with the high side the view side. So just 2 tall posts and 2 shorter posts with a beveled plate across each pair. Since it's not structural, go from beam to beam with "planks". Throw in a couple knee braces front and back and you're set.

Maybe that's what you're looking for...
    Tony

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Streible View Post
    The simplest ones I've seen are a shed type of structure with the high side the view side. So just 2 tall posts and 2 shorter posts with a beveled plate across each pair. Since it's not structural, go from beam to beam with "planks". Throw in a couple knee braces front and back and you're set.
    I know what a timber frame looks like, I just thought someone might have made one that I could copy or at least modify without reinventing the wheel myself.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute