Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Working with thin stock

This thread from long ago shows my mini thickness planner I made to accomplish retitive thicknessing of the parquetry pieces in the tops of my demo tool boxes and its adjustable. I used a Stanley 140 I think skew angle block plane that slides in the rails.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=thickness
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    This thread from long ago shows my mini thickness planner I made to accomplish retitive thicknessing of the parquetry pieces in the tops of my demo tool boxes and its adjustable. I used a Stanley 140 I think skew angle block plane that slides in the rails.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...ight=thickness
    Man, that is still clever.
    The whole range of things that sliding wedges can do
    beyond holding stuff down - I shoulda paid attention in shop class.

But no, I was going to College!

I'm probably not alone in paying big money to learn the stuff
    they tried to demonstrate - for free - back in High School.

I"m just a hobbiest WWer, Blacksmith by trade, but so much of the information overlaps. Right now I can't do much of either because of my back injury in Jan of 2006, but hopefully that will change on 2-4-14 when the Neurosurgeon works on me. I think I finally found one that I trust.
    My oldest daughter is worried that I won't have anything to do during the 4 to 6 week recovery period, but I told her I have a drawer full of chisels and another full of planes that need their cutting edges touched up, so I get to use all those diamond sharpening things I have been collecting from internet specials that Woodcraft, Rockler, Lee Valley and other wwing concerns have sent over the years. + I have several hand saws local WWers have left with me to sharpen
    Last edited by harry strasil; 01-22-2014 at 2:53 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand