Thread: Walnut and Zebrawood Bedside Tables

Walnut and Zebrawood Bedside Tables

These (there are actually two; just no pictures of both of them...) are to match the bed I did for my wife a couple of years ago. She finally nagged me enough that they made it to the top of the priority list. Wonder how long it will take her to nag me enough to build a caddie to hold all my chargers so those ugly cables aren't hanging in the back...

I taught myself a lot of hand tool methods on this one. The power sander only came out on one top because of some tear out from the hand plane. I really wanted to learn to hand cut the dovetails, but alas, after many failed attempts I broke down and bought a new Leigh jig. It was getting expensive ruining that zebrawood....

DSC03099.jpgDSC03103.jpgDSC03107.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Clark Harbaugh

Very nicely done. I like the clean lines.
    The headboard is very nice too!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Very nice design, and I LOVE how you spaced the dovetails, that boosts its appeal in my book !

Blog Entries
    Excellent execution, and excellent use of Zebrawood. Walnut is the perfect companion for it and the through dovetails are a fitting complement to the dark rings in the zebrawood. I finally got my hands on some that I have been sitting on for a while. It inspires me to use it. I also planned to mate it with some walnut- in my case Peruvian Walnut.

Beautiful table! I am quite impressed with the dovetail work and choice of wood. A fine build.

And you didn't mind the wonderful aroma the zebra wood put off when planning?

Nice combination of woods, and I love the design and combination on the headboard.

Blog Entries
    Very nice. Great match-up of materials.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Beautiful dovetails. Very creative with the separation of the legs and the top, as well.

I really like the overall proportions, choice of woods, and beautiful workmanship. The thru DT's detract from the flow of the Zebra wood drawer front, however; just my opinion.

John