Thread: For Atlanta Area Folks

For Atlanta Area Folks

Well, I just got back from Redmond's Open House, which is going on today through Saturday (OK, look, I'm not affiliated in any way shape or form), and man, have they got some fantastic deals on current products, discontinued stuff, and scratch and dent deals.

Thought long and hard about the door buster on reconditioned X-5 Unisaws (left tilt, yadda yadda) for $1,249. Since I have a Beismeyer fence, I could have omitted the one that came with it, and paid $1,000 for it. The delta guy said the proce was hard to beat, but then again, my wife would beat me pretty hard if I pulled the trigger on that one. Anyway, I got a great deal on a "scratch dent" Delta 50-875 air filtration unit....$165..complete with remote. Not bad.

Of particular note, they have a lineup of misfit tools in the back that are looking for homes. close to 10 Unis that are incomplete in some way (missing fences, guards, splitters, and miter gauges) for $500!!! Scotty Redmond told me that they're "AS IS" and ...meaning that the trunnions may be broken, might be missing other internals, etc. They had a load of lunchbox planers (Delta 22-580s and some Powermatics) for $100...again "AS IS".

Worth a look if anyone's got time and money.
    Maurice

Maurice,

What did their BS inventory look like. Anything worth driving 20 minutes to go look at?

Bob,
    I'm kinda not too much help there, seeing how I just set up my reconditioned Delta 28-475X, and have been having fun with testing it out! Having said that, I saw that they now carry Aggazani and Rikon. A 14" Rikon was going for $490-ish, and reconditioned Deltas are as follows: 28-206.....$389; 28-475X....$649.
    There are a slew of used bandsaws that are on a silent auction type of sale, and they are willing to deal on just about anything.

Well worth the 20 minute drive, considering they have coffee and wonderful banana bread baked by one of the ladies, and they've got a grill fired up and are serving free hotdogs and fixins. Oh, and then there's the tools as well!

BTW, Bob, where in Atlanta are you located?
    Maurice

I guess I'd better go check out BS.... err.... I mean hot dogs then

I'm over here in Powder Springs.

reconditioned band saws

Are those reconditioned bandsaws the Delta units that you build out and add motor to? What are they selling for? I have a new found facination for large bandsaws now that I had a dogwood stump cut up on a sawmill.

Harry, the ones I saw prices for were the complete units, but I'm SURE they have a few of the "uppers" sitting around looking for a good home. Give them a call.
    Maurice

Blog Entries
    If you are going to Redmond ask for Zack Ethridge (sp?). Zack worked at Highland hardware for many years, has taught many classes and has a great deal of knowledge. Zack will tell you what he thinks no matter what the subject, the company line or the popular thinking. If you like hearing "the straight skinny" Zack is your man.

Bad news Mike: Zach moved on to get a graduate degree in teaching. I was bummed that he was leaving Redmond to do so.
    Maurice