Thread: dxf adds a zillion nodes

dxf adds a zillion nodes

Because I am not familiar with node editing in Corel I export the file as a dxf. I then open the dxf in Aspire. The file that only had something 8 nodes now has a zillion nodes and that is all in just one straight line that should have just two nodes(one at each end of the line). What causes this and what is the answer.

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

I'm not familiar with Aspire, nor am I sure how the dxf adds nodes, however try going to the shape tool (F10) then right clicking on the line and choose the "to curve" option and then export it to a dxf.

Most likely due to Corel using Splines (theoretical paths generated by an algorithm based on the location of grips or nodes) when these are converted to polylines or lines your package will be generating the best possible equal using small straight sections rather than flowing curves. There is usually a setting to convert to lines & curves in most cad packages.

In AutoCAD it's "Splinedit" convert to Polyline "P" accuracy "0"

The other possible is Corel generating lines a a product of shorter sections rather than a single complete line. It may be worth opening the file in your cad editor and replacing lines that are a problem.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Can you handle PLT files.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

I use plt files
    to send to the laser. It's just when I want to node edit I have to change it to dxf. I am suppose to be able to open AI files, but when I tried Aspire did not like the aI file I made with Corel.

Thanks everybody for trying to help!!!

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

I use .eps files going back and forth between Aspire and Corel. In Aspire just use the node reduction command to get rid of all the excess nodes you get from dxf. Also there is the join command if you need it, not sure since I rarely use DXF because of all the extra nodes that are created.

ernie
    Rabbit 1290 80W RECI
    Shopbot PRS Alpha
    Aspire, Corel, Signlab, and many more
    Gerber Edge and 2 vinyl cutters
    plus a shop full of woodworking and metalworking machines

When exporting a DXF file with Corel, you should have a choice in what release of ACAD DXF file convention you want to export. The version you are using exports SPLINES. Try an earlier release and you should get it to export POLYLINES instead and the billion points should go away.