Thread: QSWO Kitchen Project ABC

QSWO Kitchen Project ABC

As in All But the Countertop. That should come later in the week, some soapstone. I generally do trimwork and install jobs, so it was a nice change of pace to log some shop time and actually MAKE some cabinets. The stain is 1/2 & 1/2 Minwax Golden Oak and Early American (client's choice), and SW medium lacquer.
    The pull-out cutting board is from a bowling alley lane- I scored some with the pin markers. The corner piece fits the room nicely- the stone wall has "1789" chiselled into it. Thanks for looking, more later.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great job Walt. I, too, make ends meet as a finish carpenter and do enjoy the occasional cabinet or built in commission. It's much more satisfying to build and install a custom than to install some of the laminated particle board, "european", crap.... umm... I mean cabinets that people seem to pay way too much money for. Hopefully this will be a good "word of mouth" job for you.

Nice job Walt. Those are some fine looking cabinets you made there. I like the color also. The blond finish adds a lot more light to the room.
    The cutting board is a nice touch also. The client must have had a sense of humor to stray from the traditional on that. It will generate conversation for years to come though, I'll bet.

Walt,

Very, very, nice!

Bob
    bob m

Wonderful job, Walt! The cabinets are great. I like how you did the soffet, too. Should provide wonderful light at night, assuming there are indirect fixtures installed in it. The stone in the space is nice, too...it's one of the things I really like about our kitchen. (And it ties that space well to the 250 year old portion of our home) That's very clever use of the bowling alley, too!! Neat!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...