Thread: Splitter for Jet Tablesaw

Splitter for Jet Tablesaw

I am about to build an outfeed/assembly table for my Jet JTAS-10XL cabinet saw. Although I have always used the stock splitter, I hate to have to build a cutout in the outfeed table to allow for the bladeguard attachment behind the saw. I have searched old posts here and elsewhere without coming up with an easy answer to my dilemma. Apparently Biesemeyer no longer makes their splitter for this saw and the **** seems difficult to install and some people have trouble with it. The Shark apparently is only for a newer saw with a riving knife slot already there.

It seems that my only options are going with the MJ splitter or making my own attached to a zero clearance insert? Am I missing something?

I am just rekindling my enjoyment of woodworking after a 10 year hiatus and this tablesaw is like brand new. Hate to think of trading up to a new saw just to get rid of the old style splitter.

Blog Entries
    I used MJ Splitters and kept one in each ZCI that I used for specific blades. They are convenient as you don't have to fiddle with adjustments. As long as your ZCI seats firmly the splitter is always lined up for that insert. Adjustment is through using the appropriately marked splitter. Once the correct splitter is known I would just leave it in place.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Thanks, Glenn!

Another happy MJ splitter user here!
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

The Shark Guard splitters are still available for the older (pre-riving knife) Jet saws. I have them, with the Shark Guard, on my Jet JTAS-10XL for 7 years now. You would need to determine which set of guards are need for your particular model as Jet made them in two slightly different configurations. Instructions on how to do this are on Lee's site here.

Lee Styron (the guy who makes the Shark Guard) sells a nice set of quick-release splitters for just about every cabinet saw made. Much cheaper than most aftermarket splitters, too. I have a set for my Unisaw and love them!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Herrington View Post
    I am about to build an outfeed/assembly table for my Jet JTAS-10XL cabinet saw. Although I have always used the stock splitter, I hate to have to build a cutout in the outfeed table to allow for the bladeguard attachment behind the saw. I have searched old posts here and elsewhere without coming up with an easy answer to my dilemma. Apparently Biesemeyer no longer makes their splitter for this saw and the **** seems difficult to install and some people have trouble with it. The Shark apparently is only for a newer saw with a riving knife slot already there.

It seems that my only options are going with the MJ splitter or making my own attached to a zero clearance insert? Am I missing something?

I am just rekindling my enjoyment of woodworking after a 10 year hiatus and this tablesaw is like brand new. Hate to think of trading up to a new saw just to get rid of the old style splitter.