Thread: Direct cutting question from Corel Draw X3 to Graphtec CE5000-60

Unhappy Direct cutting question from Corel Draw X3 to Graphtec CE5000-60

I have taken the leap into vinyl cutting after laser engraving and etching for about 5 years now. I figured that since I was able to master the graphic design and lasering process that I would certainly be able to figure out the Graphtec CE5000-60 Cutter. Sadly, such is not the case. Even after watching a few tutorials on line, the process seems way too long and complex. There just HAS to be fewer steps to print direct from Corel Draw X3.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance to the Forum,
    Don
    Jamieson LG-640 - 60 watt
    Hurricane Floyd - 60 watt
    MK Diamond 370EXP
    Corel X5
    Graphtec CE5000-60

I have never tried to cut on my Graphtec directly from Corel, as I have Gerber software, but people I know that use Corel have bought a product called CoCut and have had great luck with it. Have you contacted Graphtec for help?

http://www.cocut.com/index.dml

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I have the exact same set up. Corel Draw X3 with a Graphtec CE5000.

My Graphtec came with Cutting Master 2 software which acts as a plug in for Corel.

Design in Corel, activate Cutting Master 2 within Corel, and send the file to the plotter. Works quickly with good results.
    Epilog 45 watt, Graphtec cutter-plotter, Corel Graphics Suite X3 - X4, HP and Vaio computers, woodshop.

"Trust, but Verify"

Quote Originally Posted by Don Williams Michigan View Post
    I have the exact same set up. Corel Draw X3 with a Graphtec CE5000.

My Graphtec came with Cutting Master 2 software which acts as a plug in for Corel.

Design in Corel, activate Cutting Master 2 within Corel, and send the file to the plotter. Works quickly with good results.
    ME TOO.... but Corel 12 and a FC7000. Cut Master 2 is the key...

AL
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I use X5 but the Cutmaster came with my Graphtec. Easy to use.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7