Thread: HF 12" miter saw comes with ,..... WHAT?????!!!!!

HF 12" miter saw comes with ,..... WHAT?????!!!!!

I just got a 12" harbor freight 12" sidling compound miter saw, yes I know its less than quality but will work for now. I was surprised that the included parts were not listed in the manual, but there were only a few. The shocker for me was one of the parts is an extra set of motor bushings!!!!!! Really!!!!! the motor is so bad they supply an extra et of bushings right off the bat? Has one else had a set included?....

I haven't heard that one before. You'd better keep them handy..
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Most 110v HF tools have extra brushes. I've never needed them and tend to lose them anyway. Many of the tools don't last long enough to wear out the first set, but you're right, Jerry - sometimes it works for now and that's all you need. I love HF for that.
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

You mean brushes? Nothing wrong with having an extra pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Toschlog View Post
    I just got a 12" harbor freight 12" sidling compound miter saw, yes I know its less than quality but will work for now. I was surprised that the included parts were not listed in the manual, but there were only a few. The shocker for me was one of the parts is an extra set of motor bushings!!!!!! Really!!!!! the motor is so bad they supply an extra et of bushings right off the bat? Has one else had a set included?....

Blog Entries
    My HF "Sawzall" came with extra brushes. I bought it for $14 to demo some garage fixtures 8 years ago. Its still running on the original brushes. It shakes and sounds like every move will be it's last but, it just won't die. I have the feeling its going to be one of those things you pray will break so you can get rid of it ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

I got one once and it sounded like they used rocks for bearings. No extras though.

Rick Potter

Uh Oh, I just got demoted to 'member'. Better pay up.

Most of their angle grinders come with an extra set of brushes. I have yet to wear out one of the original sets of brushes; in fact an entire grinder wore out before the first brushes gave out.

For $15 I guess I can't complain.

What are "motor bushings"?

OK OK OK LOL With a red face, yes I meant brushes...... Glad to know extras are common with HF....

Almost every HF tool I have has extra brushes.
    I put all of them in a medicine bottle for safekeeping.
    Haven't had to use any of them, so far.
    Last edited by Myk Rian; 12-24-2013 at 10:31 AM.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night