Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So what did you get for Christmas?

Blog Entries

So what did you get for Christmas?

A LN crosscut panel saw for me. No pictures as it's not here yet, It's in route.

Merry Christmas and thank you all for sharing your thoughts and knowledge the way you do. Very interesting and fun reading.

PHM

I got a check from my family back west with a note telling me to buy one of those planes I wanted. So I'm deciding between the LN #8 or the LV block plane. Or maybe a smoothing plane.

I also got a set of Sigma water stones from toolsfromjapan from Santa. Those are still en route but I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Well, I haven't gotten them yet so I'm guessing various in-laws got them for me (we're doing Xmas with them tomorrow) but someone purchased a Large Precision Square, a Veritas canvas apron, and a 6" Auriou rat tail rasp off my LV wishlist. Errr, at least that's what my wishlist says, hopefully not a glitch
    Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

I got the book 'By Hand and By Eye'. I also got the last two David Charlesworth DVD's from the 4 DVD set. And the piece de resistance, a 16" Bad Axe Tenon Saw...

Most fun I had was to see how excited my 10 year old was when he opened his LV coping saw and apron plane. He was as excited to see those as he was the swamp force game he's been hinting at for months.

Veritas Scraper Set! Well, also got the Narex Paring Chisel Set...but that was from me to me....
    Maurice

Tony that is so cool that you got your son that! My dad passed on mechanic skills to me with his old tools when I was a kid, I couldn't be happier 10 years later.

I got socks, undershirts, pj pants, candy candy, gift cards, candy and more candy! I also got a Ron Swanson(Nick Offerman) shirt wrapped around my first set of chisels(narex). Sharpening stone being put to use after lunch time.

I got a plane!
    New in box?
    Heavy little bugger, check out how thick that front casting is
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carpe Lignum

Blog Entries
    My Christmas present was the Preston-reproduction spoke shave from Lee Valley. (Christmas comes early in these parts)

Though it often seems the best gift is all the people here who share their knowledge and work with others in the woodworking community.

Merry Christmas everyone and a Happy New Year.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

I got a better camera. now watch my pictures come out as BAD as they ever have!! Canon Rebel something or other.

P.S. : NOW we find out the "macro" lens is not a macro lens at all in the correct sense of the word. I have to buy an extra attachment to do real closeup work. Yet,the lens on the camera says MACRO!! You really can't get very close with it.
    Last edited by george wilson; 12-25-2013 at 5:46 PM.

Blog Entries
    I got books - "Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking" and a book on dovetails. I think that someone thinks that my dovetails could be better. What I need is more time in the shop.

LOML got a nice piece of jewelry and a snarling tool. Dear son (DS) got an acoustic guitar I built for him and a replacement cymbal.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Also in the other thread I started.IMG_20131225_120544_249.jpg
    Michael Ray Smith

My wife was really good to me, got a HSB Gage plane.
    Looks almost new.
    DSCF1299 (Large).jpgDSCF1298 (Large).jpg

I haven't gotten my big gift yet as it was backordered. But it is now en route. My parents bought me the LV Shooting Plane which was extremely unexpected. They also bought me the LN Langsner Froe and LN Holdfast.

I also have another gift coming that I can't post about yet as I have no permission to. But when all is said and done I will be singing his praises. Due to this generosity it is shaping up to be my best year yet as a woodworker.

Wow. . .nice Christmas gifts, folks.

Tony. . .love the shirt, dude. Love it.
    The Barefoot Woodworker.

Fueled by leather, chrome, and thunder.

My wife & daughter combined to overwhelm me with what I needed to finish off my shop. They are now scheming what I can build for them. Works for me!!!

· DeWalt 735 Thickness Planer with Folding Tables & Spare Blades
    · Porter-Cable 4216 Super Jig Dovetail Jig
    · Rikon 3 Speed Air Filtration System 400 CFM
    · AccuRemote Digital Electronic Magnetic Angle Gage Level / Protractor Bevel Gage
    · Rockler 52" Router Circle Cutting Jig
    · (2) 48" edge Gluing Clamps
    · Uvex S8510 Bionic Face Shield
    · DeWalt DPG82-11C Anti-Fog Safety Goggle
    · 20-Pack 3M Dust Respirators
    Last edited by Al Launier; 12-25-2013 at 9:28 PM.