Thread: Lag?

Lag?

I've noticed that when typing a message, particularly in certain forums and on longer threads, that the system responds "sluggishly" and can't keep up with my typing. For example, on the incandescent thread I have to slow my typing to about 10 wpm for it to keep up, but in this message it is keeping up with my normal typing speed.

The other thread had a lot of prior posts, so I am wondering if that might be the issue. Strange - the first paragraph of this message kept up, but in this paragraph the system is sluggish again. Maybe something to do with server load or net congestion?

Is this a known issue and is there a fix for it? I have already checked my internet speed and only this board is showing the issue.

Thanks.

Ralph,

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?

I use IE and when it upgraded to IE 11, I started having things go slow at several websites and not just SMC. At SMC, once I logged on, and clicked the the IE tools icon in the upper right corner and added SMC to the View Compatibility list, things began working better here. I've had to do this at several other websites too. Log on and add them to the View Compatibility list.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Ralph,

Out of curiosity, what browser are you using?

I use IE and when it upgraded to IE 11, I started having things go slow at several websites and not just SMC. At SMC, once I logged on, and clicked the the IE tools icon in the upper right corner and added SMC to the View Compatibility list, things began working better here. I've had to do this at several other websites too. Log on and add them to the View Compatibility list.
    IE11. Thanks for the suggestion, I added SMC to the list, will see if that solves the problem.

It's possible it's an issue with other websites also and I just haven't noticed it.

Thanks.

Ralph

Looks like that is working, thanks again for the suggestion.

I'm having the same issue of course with IE. Compatibility view fixes the typing issue but affects the viewing of photos.
    Basically fixes one issue but creates problem with another.