Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LN Chisels are sharp...OOPS

1. Dang people go easy on the fingers or I'm with Julie lets bring back chain mail.

Really sorry about your accident. Lots of time to beat yourself up over it but what's done is done. Hope it heals up nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Neeley View Post
    This is a great example of the results of a major OOPS with sharp chisels.

With sharp chisels the worst thing is you get stitches.

With dull chisels you are pushing so hard to cut that when it does slip, it's more likely to be flowers. <g>

Jim in Alaska

I stuck a Tasai push chisel in my hand almost a year ago and required stitches to fix the tendon that operates my thumb. I guess it was actually a stitch job.. but it was part of surgery ..

Today the thumb is about 90% .. Had a great surgeon and great physiotherapist..

Here is my reminder photo..

They had to make a secondary cut and lift up the skin to find the other end of the tendon.. I can tell you that it was quite sensitive when the freezing wore off.. lol

These things we do with hand tools serve to remind us that we can get sloppy..

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the club. I am a long-time member! My wife teaches nursing and happened to be at the hospital the day I stabbed myself with a chisel and was bleeding in spurts from an artery. (My fault for cutting towards my hand.) They called her and said, "Amy, your husband is in the ER." She wasn't surprised at all.

Haven't you guys bought a chisel stop yet?

ouch
    Carpe Lignum