Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen is finally done

Well done Sir!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Great looking cabinets ! Very well done !

Very nice and slick design.
    Sal.

Very nice job. Love the hickory.

George
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

That is really nice. I plan to do a remodel myself in the near future, with new cabinets/counter tops/backsplash as well. This is inspiring. Thanks.

Came out great, love the finish!

Wonderful! I love the contrast of the sapwood/heartwood. Beautiful! I just won a bid on a set of large solid hickory shelves. It'll be my first time using hickory.
    Thanx,

shotgunn

-----------------

More is DEFINITELY more!!!

I love hickory!!! Great job! Once problem with a project like this is you can't take it with you if you decide to move! I am thinking about building a new vanity for the kids bathroom after I am finished with my current project. I think I am going to need to make it out of Hickory - I just love that look!

The hickory cabinets are fantastic. They sure go well with the bamboo floor. Thanks for sharing.

Nice looking cabinets! I love the hickory and the incorporation of sap wood. I would like to hear about the upper and lower corner units and some if any challenges. Did you do a sketch up model?

D

Very nicely done Ole. I, too, like that contrast in the wood!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Looks great Ole!

Looks great!

Don't believe it.

Looks like you got the pixtures from a magazine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you for all of your kind comments. I sometime feel guilty just admiring how well it came out. Anne picked out the counter top and the back splash and they really tie the project together. Had fun with the backsplash. I never used Travertine before and it was a challenge as I finally broke down and bought a cheap 7" tile saw. Wishing now that I would have gone with a more expensive slider instead of the TS style. With the barnes (the border that looks like a piece of ogee casing) and the pepin (the rounded trim that looks like a piece of conduit running between the outlets) I had to use a plastic putty knife to grout as my regular grout float was too big. Well, the grout instructions said I had 25 minutes of pot time before it started to set up. At 25 minutes I was only 1/3 done along the sink side of the kitchen. Grouting like a madman I finished the windowed wall and sponged off the excess, then managed to grout the shorter wall while the material was getting stiffer and stiffer, finishing just before it became completely unworkable. Working in the summer heat, I never would have gotten an hour pot time. The range side went better as I now knew the pot time and the wall was shorter, so it wasn't nearly as stressful doing that side. It was kind of like an extensive glue-up, but with a lot more invested.