Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Your Woodworking New Year Resolutions

Mine is pretty easy..... Spend more time in the shop . Happy new year to all....

I've lost 44 pounds last year, so hopefully that will continue.

But for a woodworking project this year, teaching me some new skills, I plan on building a roll-top desk.

Probably avg about 6 hrs a day(7 days/week) in shop............So, making better use of time there is always at the forefront.Can I spend 3 hrs and get 6hrs worth of work done?What needs to be changed/modified to accomplish this?

On a simpler note.......Improve lighting in a cpl areas,get better music,cpl more anti fatigue mats.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Win the lottery and do less woodworking.......

More fishing.....

Larry
    I lived for over 20 years within an hour of the best trout rivers in the US and couldn't find the time to do much fishing. Now that I no longer live there, I kick myself for not taking better advantage of it.

I want to spend more time enjoying building the things I want to work on and less time mowing grass and working for a living. Yet without the work, there is no play.

my goals are to continue learning the craft of woodworking (I'm a relative noob, so i absorb as much as i can), reduce clutter in the shop so i can work smarter not harder, produce some nice furniture to gift to certain family members. if I do that, i'll probably consider it a good year.

After spending an entire year getting my shop/home set up. This years resolution is to live and breath woodworking... Nothing else matters.
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

Rod, I live about twenty minutes south of Mt Jackson, PM me when you're coming down and I'll buy ya a beer! Jeff

To actually finish some of the projects I have started.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

clean the shop. It hasn't been thoroughly cleaned in over five years. Build more shop organizers. Less TV. Less booze. Less day job, though much of that is at home on e-mail solving other people's problems. Remembering that life is short and 66 is a big number.

Rod, if you get to Mt Jackson, VA ..... what is your bike??? Beemer ?? Live in Edinburg area... 7 miles... Cold beer, hot coffee, your choice, my treat... Ed A.