Thread: What's up with my Text Tool???

What's up with my Text Tool???

A couple days ago, all of the sudden when I click on the text tool in Corel, it is rotated 270 degrees so my text is going vertically instead of horizontally........not sure how I did it or how to fix it. I tried rotating it back to zero and then saved my settings as default......but it didn't work. Does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw

Artistice Text or Paragaph Text or both? My guess is you already double-checked this, but when you saved the defaults, you did see check-marks in all the necessary fields?
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

......not sure how I did it or how to fix it.
    Steve,

Here's what you do to fix it:
    ---Shut down and restart X5
    ---Create a new document.
    ---Select the Text Tool but *do not* click to start a new text object.
    ---Ctrl+, (i.e., w/the Control held down tap "," {comma})
    ---(optional) now click to start a new text object and see if it is fixed
    ---Exit X5 and restart. (this is an Interface setting, not a Docucentric setting so Save Settings as Default is not involved)

Another tiny little reason to upgrade to X6? This is not a bug, this is the way you set/unset {"."/","} Vertical text. X6 makes it more obvious you're about to screw it up if that's not what you intended.
    Roy Brewer[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Epilog/Control Laser/Roland engravers/Xenetech

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Roy Brewer View Post
    Steve,

Here's what you do to fix it:
    ---Shut down and restart X5
    ---Create a new document.
    ---Select the Text Tool but *do not* click to start a new text object.
    ---Ctrl+, (i.e., w/the Control held down tap "," {comma})
    ---(optional) now click to start a new text object and see if it is fixed
    ---Exit X5 and restart. (this is an Interface setting, not a Docucentric setting so Save Settings as Default is not involved)

Another tiny little reason to upgrade to X6? This is not a bug, this is the way you set/unset {"."/","} Vertical text. X6 makes it more obvious you're about to screw it up if that's not what you intended.
    Roy,

You are the best! Happy belated birthday and Happy New Year!

Mike g
    Michael Gonzales
    Epilog Legend 24 TT 45 watt-
    Vision Max Pro- Vision Expert 8
    CorelDraw x5- Ricoh GX 7000
    Geo Knight DC16

Roy......that worked like a charm!!!! Thank you!!!
    Epilog Mini 24 - 45 Watt, Corel Draw X5, Wacom Intuos Tablet, Unengraved HP Laptop, with many more toys to come.....

If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have one idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas... George B. Shaw