Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Project You're Most Proud of?

That is a very cool design Alex. Not to mention, a beautiful execution of it. I bet your dad bragged about it, and you, for a very long time.
    "I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

What's the center like Alex? Is it open and the bottom framed up or is there legs or something supporting the top?

Blog Entries
    Thanks Stew!

it is 48" wide, 84" tall and 24" deep. It was intended to be a deconstructed cabinet. The trick was to take something that was massive and make it appear lighter.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I just finished two identical grandfather clocks inspired by Roycroft. This is the one I'm keeping. Solid walnut, Hermle movement, Seedy glass.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony

Blog Entries
    That is really nice! Very fun and inventive.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful gesture! I'm sure she will enjoy it for years.
    Shawn

This is one of my favorite projects, primarily because of who it was built for and how it is used. My wife loves to quilt. I designed this sewing notions cabinet for her. It is 22" wide by 74" long and has lots of storage for cloth, batting, thread, and other quilting supplies. It also features a retractable bench designed for the sewing machine to sit on. I planned to build a hutch for this as well, but my wife vetoed it over concern that such a massive piece of cabinetry would over power the room. The drawer slides are hardwood that have been finished with paste wax. They operate with ease. I like this piece because it is practical, heavily utilized, and likely to be used for many years to come. It measures 22" wide, 74" long, 36" tall. The retractable bench top is 30" off the floor.

Hall Butler, before and now

Hi, Have not posted for quite a while. Two knee surgerys and our first grandson born has kept me out of the shop. Slowly getting back to it when I spotted this thread. I built this cabinet three years ago and posted pics almost three years to the day. It is our version of a hall tree cabinet I saw in a magazine. We needed
    to find a spot for items that was taking up valuable kitchen counter space. As I predicted, that space is now taken by new items, such as a large Vitamix juicer
    and an oversized Bunn coffee maker. Oh well. The main reason for the post was to show how the cherry has darkened over three years. I understand the lighting is
    not the same, but close. If anything the cabinet is now darker then the pics show. In the original post, a member suggested taking out the stairway ballister. I had
    considered it and decided not to. Good thing as I am now building a gate so my grandson doesn't take a tumble. Thanks for looking, John

150 hours for a neighbor friend of mine. He chose all of the materials. I slapped it together. It is his daily player.

Nice !

..Slapped together pretty darn well. I love the colors.

Bryce, this is spectacular! I love it.
    "There is a crack in everything - that's how the light gets in"

Really fantastic work by all.

I'd have to say this is my favorite piece so far. A keepsake box made for my 90 year-old grandmother while she was ill (she's since recovered ) with shop-sawn veneers.

Keep the examples coming!IMG_8083.jpgIMG_3650.jpg

Cheers,
    Chris C.

Sappelle rocker...
    Last edited by Gregory Peterson; 01-13-2014 at 12:56 AM.

Gregory, that rocker is simply stunning. I'm at a loss for words, but I like everything about it! I especially love the spindles in the back and the way you symmetrically tapered the carving on the tops from the center. Care to divulge a finish schedule for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Boulware View Post
    Gregory, that rocker is simply stunning...

Truly a work of art and fine craftsmanship.