Thread: New Printer ordered also!!!

New Printer ordered also!!!

Took the plunge and ordered a Roland VersaCamm 540i. Have some ideas that hopefully will give me a good return on my investment. Can anyone recommend a good software package to design vehicle windows and wraps? Thanks.

I believe that printer comes with the VersaWorks RIP software, so all you need is a graphics program powerful enough to handle the file size. I have done many wraps but never bought a printer because I have a guy that does just printing and uses me for laser work. We even trade at times. He is using Adobe Illustrator for the artwork and AVA RIP for his HP printers.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

Congratulations Fred! That's a nice machine. I've looked at them as well. Really well built machines and they have a great reputation. I think you'll be really happy. Can't wait to see some photos of your creations soon! When does it arrive?
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Woo Hoo you guys are really stepping up your game.
    Congratulation Fred.

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Woo Hoo you guys are really stepping up your game.
    Congratulation Fred.
    Machine is in and set-up, now have to do some training to avoid making any costly mistakes. Also upgraded to Corel X6 and looking forward to seeing what can be done with this machine.