Thread: Great Historical Logging Scenes

Great Historical Logging Scenes

Some great history here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEto_Q8MlY

Mike Ash
    Last edited by mike ash; 01-06-2014 at 12:20 AM.

Mike Cruz has been busy, thanks for the link Mike Ash

iron men and wooden ships.....comes to mind.........just to attemp to cut a tree down with an axe wears me out, much less one of those beauties

Wow!!! He is even narrating it!
    “I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination. Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world.” ~ Albert Einstein

4. I think Mike is both getting credit and getting blamed for things he had nothing to do with!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Mr. Ash seems to have it out for me lately!

I think Roger said it well. Not sure I deserve either...

Since you brought it up, in case you didn't see it earlier (I think I posted this before, not sure), here's a 27.5" flaming box elder roughout. It has been AnchorSealed and is drying...

SANY2246 - Copy.jpgSANY2249 - Copy.jpg

I've got an ambrosia maple pretty much the same size...roughed out and drying.
    I drink, therefore I am.

Mike - that is one BEAUTIFUL piece of wood. Sorry if it appears that you are being picked on, you were just on my mind lately as I started cutting into another piece of Ambrosia that I got from you last year. Now, I am wondering how I can get some of that flaming box elder!

That bowl of yours deserves it's own thread!!!

Mike Ash

Oh, I know you aren't "picking" on me. Just bullying... I'm kidding, of course. No worries. You certainly got my attention!

Thought I already started a thread on it. I'll check. If I didn't, maybe I'll post a thread.
    I drink, therefore I am.

8. Mike,

Nice bowl! I'm itching to turn some box elder, that stuff is just beautiful.
    Regards,

Mike
    Wood Shop Mike

Hey, just in case anyone is wondering, I'm no offended at all by this (or the other thread Mike started) thread. I actually found it funny. Carry on...

Thanks, Michael. Yeah BE turns nicely. But the flames do eventually fade away...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Hey, not offended. That is pretty wood yeah. I grew up in the cypress swamps. The stumps and canals are still there. Back home we had tidewater cypress--much larger and a rare site for cypress., Stumps you can park car on are left and a few lost logs.