Thread: Pictures are odd...

Pictures are odd...

Well, since my "Typing is odd..." thread got a lot of "I've been having the same problem and I thought it was just me." responses, and posting the thread actually did pose a solution, I thought I'd start a thread on pic viewing being "odd".

When I look at someone's thread/post, and want to see their pics, I can see them in their post as either attachments or "in line". In the past, if I wanted to see the pictures bigger, I would click on the first pic. The pic would load (larger than the attachment thumbnail) and there would be button to the left of the loaded pic saying "previous" and "next". Keep clicking next until you get all the way through the pics, then next becomes "first".

Now, when I click on someone's thumbnail to see that pic or their series of pics, instead of the image loading, with the buttons to the left, the pics tries to load (I see a black screen with a "loading" icon/symbol) but never does. The only way to view the pics to keeping clicking "next" until "first" appears. Then the first pic WILL appear, and subsequently, the rest of the pics will be viewable when I click "next".

Viewing in "compatibility mode" fixed the odd typing issue, but did not fix this issue. Yes I'm using IE. Yes I have the latest version. Yes it is updated. No, I don't like Firefox or the other browsers. I know many people hate IE. I'm used to it, and like it (otherwise).

Any suggestions for a fix?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    I don't have a solution for you but I, too, use IE (8) ad I have no problems. The pictures react just as you describe. Just wanted to chime in that some of us like IE.

I'm using IE 11 in compatibility mode. Fixed the typing issues, I'm having the problem you describe when attempting to view enlarged pics. Didn't have this problem over the holidays, so I guess I'll blame it on the Polar Vortex, and keep watching this thread if someone finds a solution.
    Dick Mahany.

Mike, I'm also having the same problem with the picture as you described.

I also have the same problem on another forum that uses this software:

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

So...... maybe it's the forum software and not us IE (11) users.

Sorry Doug,

It cannot be vBulletin because the only browser that has been reported to be having problems is the latest Windows Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Sorry Doug,

It cannot be vBulletin because the only browser that has been reported to be having problems is the latest Windows Explorer.
    Right, it is IE11.

The attachment isn't zoomed the first time you try to open it. If you close the window, and zoom the attachment a 2nd time, it usually works. BTW, just closing the window is a trick because the window shifts when you get near the close button, LOL.

Apparently, the fix on the SMC side would be to add:

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />to the top of the headinclude template, as documented in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ill-thereafter

That tells our IE11 to act like IE9 while visiting SMC.

I just want to reiterate this is just another IE11 problem, not a SMC problem. But SMC could accommodate the IE11 bugs by adding the code above.

Phil, You said:

"Apparently, the fix on the SMC side would be to add:

Code:
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" />to the top of the headinclude template, as documented in this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...ill-thereafter

That tells our IE11 to act like IE9 while visiting SMC."

It looks like the above code is already there, on line #10, but the problem still exists.

SawmillCode.JPG

Out of the blue, my pictures are now loading nearly instantly in IE11 when viewing thumbnails. I was having the problem reported above where the pics didn't load after clicking on them. I am not aware of any changes to my PC. Anyone else have this fixed by magic also? I'm hoping it stays this way.
    Dick Mahany.

Dick,

I was having same problem so I just didn't look at the photos (to much hassle). After reading your post I went to load some photos and low and behold it's now back to normal. Like you I haven't done anything but let Windows perform it's usual updates. Maybe one of them solved the problem. Keep your fingers crossed.

Reading other threads it appears the creek was updated to fix IE11 issues.
    I am not saying go kill all the stupid people......
    I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.