Thread: Mini Monster

Mini Monster

Just received my Mini Monster!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

2. Nice setup you have there Brian! Congrats on your acquisition of the mini monster as well!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

congratulations, enjoy

Nice! I am looking forward to your review after you have tried it. I thought about getting one once, then I looked in my wallet, and the thought passed. I am curious however why you got the Mini Monster, rather than the Monster. I see that Mustard in the background, and i think the Monster would work for both large and small pieces on that lathe, whereas you will be limited to just small pieces on the Rikon. Not questioning your decision, just curious why. Maybe you are using the Mustard for a dedicated buffing station.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brown View Post
    Nice! I am looking forward to your review after you have tried it. I thought about getting one once, then I looked in my wallet, and the thought passed. I am curious however why you got the Mini Monster, rather than the Monster. I see that Mustard in the background, and i think the Monster would work for both large and small pieces on that lathe, whereas you will be limited to just small pieces on the Rikon. Not questioning your decision, just curious why. Maybe you are using the Mustard for a dedicated buffing station.
    I have the Jamieson set up (with the jumbo bar) for the Mustard and I got the Mini for portability. I sometimes will take the Rikon to demos.
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

Nice I think you will like it. Looks like the only difference is the base.
    Fred

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Libby View Post
    I have the Jamieson set up (with the jumbo bar) for the Mustard and I got the Mini for portability. I sometimes will take the Rikon to demos.
    Ahhh. That makes sense.
    Brian

Sawdust Formation Engineer
    in charge of Blade Dulling

Congradulations Brian!
    I just got a Monster setup myself and I think it is a awesome system! I think you'll love it!

Vince
    VincesWoodNWonders

Great buy. Nice looking monster! Enjoy your new tool.