Thread: Tamborine

Tamborine

Where can I get parts for making a decent tambourine?
    Thanks in advance, Kevin

Scavenge jingly parts off an old tambourine?

Sneak up behind gypsy. Preferably very old,disabled gypsy who has no teeth left.Be leery of long,sharp nails,though. Whack her on the head and grab tambourine. Be careful of other gypsies lurking in area. They are very dangerous.
    Last edited by george wilson; 01-14-2014 at 11:38 AM.

LOL.

If you have trouble finding an old gypsy in Massachusets, you can check out Grover products. They make things like jingles and head kits.
    You can buy them on e-bay too, but a lot of what's sold as jingles are essentially just fender washers. Buyer beware

John,I didn't realize you were such a tambourine buff!! Any info on getting kazoo parts????

I'd go with george on this one, minus the gypsy stuff (I have no idea where you'd find one). A couple of trips through some antique shops with booths should find a cheap tambourine that can be taken apart and used.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    John,I didn't realize you were such a tambourine buff!! Any info on getting kazoo parts????
    Right up the street from the old Gibson factory....next town over, in Kalakazoo.

edit:
    The reason I know all of this stuff is when I worked at Woodcraft, I was the resident instrument expert...didn't matter what instrument it was. I did a lot of research to help a lot of different people out with their wacky projects.
    Last edited by John Coloccia; 01-14-2014 at 11:49 AM.

The cost of parts might exceed the cost of a new tambourine. I wouldn't know. Probably the goal is to make a fancy,laminated rim,or some such though,all smart alec remarks aside.

cost was why I suggested hunting down an old used one. If it could be had for two bucks, I doubt there are any kits with similar utility.