Thread: My wife's angry

My wife's angry

O.K.!! I didn't buy an expensive tool.
    The tool cabinet I built under my workbench is full. Cupboards are starting to overflow with nicknak tools and stuff, so I decided to build another tool cabinet instead of buying one of those red steel tool chests.
    It's made of Baltic Birch (black alinine dye) and African Padauk (Talk about messy stuff, red sawdust all over your clothes). Anyways, Its almost finished and I told her to go have a look at it. She came in and said " I'm angry! why don't you build something that beautiful for the house". Wives just don't understand a mans workshop do they?
    It should be done sometime this week and I'll post some pics.
    Brent

Brent,

Yep, women are that way sometimes

Can't wait to see those pictures.

It's worldwide rule....
    Listen to the Forest

Brent - One of the reasons I come to these websites is because my wife just doesn't understand the significance of the some of the things that go on in the shop.....I'm not sure she cares either!
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

Time to make a deal. Give her the new toolchest if she springs for a new snap on toolchest.
    Had the dog not stopped to go to the bathroom, he would have caught the rabbit.

Better Yet! My buddy got his wife to sign on to buying a couple of extreme high end woodworking machines. A german Hofmann shaper and combination jointer/planer. What was the butcher's bill? She gets a new stickley dining room set worth over $30,000 dollars. At least that is what stickley wanted. The oak came from a road widening project up in northen WI. He has finally after two to three years of hard work finished this set. She is happy and he has his toys.

Oh Ya.... Pictures. Got any pictures?

A couple of freinds and I built a 12'X16' lawn shed in my yard. My wife said that as she watched it " looked like three excited little boys building their fort". She now refers to it as the "MAN FORT". On the rare occasion that I need a "marriage mulligan" I have a place to go.

Has anyone seen my blanket...............
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

Boys and thier toys! We all never grow up
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Been there, done that,

got the lecture and the black eye too. 'Ceptin' in my case it was a set of counters and cabinets in the bench room. Sue's response was, " ....and why don't I have ones like that in my kitchen?"
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

I got the same response from the LOML when she looked at the Router Table I'm making for my Buddy. She wants the Drawers & Doors made with the same material and Beveled Edges like his Big Drawer, (but with a whitewash finish) on the Kitchen Cabinets. ( I knew I "Goofed" when I left the shop door unlocked so close to the time she was due home)
    "Some Mistakes provide Too many Learning Opportunities to Make only Once".

Brent,

I think you should make it up to her... Go get some boards and some nails and make her a new coffee table!
    ~john
    "There's nothing wrong with Quiet" ` Jeremiah Johnson