Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: is there a "breaking in" period/protocol for new RECI tubes?

Agree with checking the lens, I cut 300 3x10" pieces of lamacoid over a couple of days with no problem except for the last few I had to raise the power a couple of percent to reach the same 'almost but not quite' full cut. The day after that I was trying to engrave some black anodized aluminum couldn't get the lettering to crispen up at all.. then I pulled the lens out, wow-- I'm surprised it still cut the plastic, guck was caked on both sides bad- after I cleaned it off, voila!

It amazes me how fast this lens gucks up...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sheldrake View Post
    On the PAD03 Kev hit Menu, scroll down to "Laser SET"

Scroll down to Power:100% and drop it down to the number you want.

From there any figure you put in the software will be a percentage of the figure on the PAD

cheers

Dave
    We have a SK-1290 from China with a RECI Tube. The pad on the machine has a Max Power set: This is where you are talking about setting... correct? I'm asking because a couple of answers have refered to the 'pot'.....
    Actually, I found where it is in the pad. It's not accessible, because it's in the manufacture settings and is set to 80%.

One question: has anyone tried using anti-freeze as part of their cooling liquid? We have the CW-5000 Ind. Chiller and when we mounted on the wall in the corner, we put in a gallon with the water.... because we had problems with it getting a bit too hot on long runs.... 28-29C now it stays around 25C, but it's winter here... lol max low around 20C.
    Last edited by George Courson; 07-16-2014 at 6:24 PM.