I'm working on a paint grade shelving project where the customer wanted to match existing Benjamin Moore wall paint. In the past, my go to BM paint was Satin Impervo waterborne alkyd.....sprayed well, dried to a hard finish, and of course matched BM wall paints. Due to ever-tightening VOC restrictions BM discontinued Impervo a few years ago, replacing it with Advance waterborne alkyd. This is my first attempt at spraying Advance and I was a bit apprehensive given the negative comments I read around the web. I thinned the paint 10% with water and used my 4 stage FUJI HVLP and the #4 tip (gold) to spray over an oil base sanding sealer, setting the spray more toward a fine mist. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the paint laid down....no sag, excellent coverage, and quick dry time, and dries very hard...seems harder than Impervo. I give it a double thumbs up!

I top coated 2 coats of Advance with 3 coats of GF Enduro satin WB poly, sanding between coats 1&2. The final finish is smooth and very hard.

Hope this helps anyone considering spraying with Advance.