Thread: Hickory/Pecan Table

Hickory/Pecan Table

This is a larger table I've worked on for a customer. they want to distress and stain it themselves, so it is being delivered in the 'raw/unfinished state'.

The table is 44" wide, 106" long, with a 25" leaf. the breadboards are all pegged through the tenons of the main boards, and there are slight chamfers/reliefs between each board for that 'farmhouse' style.

This was my first major project with pecan/hickory, and it is a fun wood to work with, though HARD! Most pieces I have to be careful to not dent or ding in the garage, but I don't think I could dent this table if i tried.

This is also a pecan bowl that I turned for the guy. It is about 14" in diameter and 4.5" tall. Gorgeous wood. I had a lot of people ask for pecan bowls, so I need to make more of those. It turned out a lot prettier in color than I had initially expected, and with as dense as it is, it takes a very nice finish.

HickoryDiningTable079_zps99d18dd5.jpgHickoryDiningTable084_zps0b672323.jpgHickoryDiningTable095_zps01061672.jpgpecan bowl 01.jpg
    Grady - "Thelma, we found Dean's finger"
    Thelma - "Where is the rest of him?!"

Looks great!

That's pretty cool work for an Aggie!

JK, that's outstanding work for anyone. I sure hope the customers don't mess up that beautiful table while distressing and staining it.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln