Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What do you use to hold things down?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sipes View Post
    Is there a disadvantage to double side taping a sheet of .020 sheet steel to the aluminum table bed and using name tag magnets to hold the material down? $10-20 in materials.
    The problem is when vector cutting and splash back on the bottom side. If I'm just engraving, a magnet to the normal table would work.
    Keith Upton
    Aerodrome Accessories
    Epilog Mini 24 - 60w

Oh I find a sheet or two of news paper (damp with water spray) takes care of any residue from plastic and if you are doing 100's of tags it is a pre-cut separator for shipping.
    Mark
    In the Great Northwest!

Trotec Speedy C25, Newing-Hall 350 (AMC I & HPGL), NH-CG-30 (Carbide Cutter Sharpener)
    Sawgrass 400 Gel Ink Printer, CS5, 5/9/x6 CorelDraw

I have some 1/8 inch thick lead sheet. I have cut them into various sizes that can be placed where they are not in engraved areas.
    I know of the "danger" of the lead but I limit how much I touch them. Also, today yo can get a lead substitute that will work well.
    Why not use some small pieces of steel correctly placed to hold down the ply?
    EPILOG LEGEND 32 60 WATT, CORELDRAWX5, PhotoGraV2.11, strip heater, PUNTA GORDA, FLORIDA