Thread: Dye-Sub or Color Printing on Ceramic Serving Platter

Dye-Sub or Color Printing on Ceramic Serving Platter

This post may belong on another forum as it is not exactly engraving, per se., but, here goes:

Looking for a source that will print or sublimate color logos on ceramic serving platters (roughly 18" x ??).

A customer (bank) asked me to engrave them but I don't think that would produce a nice product.

At trade shows I have seen vendors hawking a machine and process to color print and heat seal color images on plates, etc. But, I can't think of the name of the company.

Any suggestions please...
    Trotec 25W Laser, ShopBot PRT Alpha 48 x96 CNC, Roland Vinyl Cutter, Compucarve CNC, Ricoh GXe7700s Dye-sub printer, Hotronix Clamshell Heat Press, Pad Printing Equip, all normal woodworking and electrical tools.

Pete

Gary Hair, one of our members has recently acquired one of the printers you mentioned. Send him a pm.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Null View Post
    Pete

Gary Hair, one of our members has recently acquired one of the printers you mentioned. Send him a pm.

He might be referring to something that you print and then adhere to a plate, similar to epoxy doming. If the plate is flat then I can do it with my printer, but not if it has any lip at all, 0.040 is the max variation in height my printer can handle.