Thread: Wholesaler of aluminum printed signs needed

Wholesaler of aluminum printed signs needed

I have a customer who needs some aluminum printed signs made for numbering doors in a warehouse. All the same size and layout, but numbered 1-65. I'm trying to find a wholesale printer of aluminum signs that i can sub the job out too. The one I have is going to charge a $10 setup fee for each sign to digitally print. Does anyone know of any wholesale sign manufacturers out there?
    Thanks!
    Legacy lasers 1100 series 80 wattTrotec 25 watt speedy 1 (10 years old)2 champion 1900 table engravers.UScutter 24" Laser plotter

You have a plotter, right? Order the blanks from your local sign supply or one of the places below, cut and apply the numbers yourself, and maximize the profit. I normally use Grimco for custom size/color blanks, but if you can use a stock item it will save a lot of $.

https://www.grimco.com/
    http://www.allstatesign.com/
    http://www.zumar.com/

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I had considered it, But they are not fans of vinyl, they apparently treat these things pretty rough. If I could find anodized aluminum sheet in blue, I would just laser them, but I can't find a supplier anywhere. Harbor doesn't stock sheet metal in anodized blue.
    Legacy lasers 1100 series 80 wattTrotec 25 watt speedy 1 (10 years old)2 champion 1900 table engravers.UScutter 24" Laser plotter

You can order powder-coated or painted aluminum in blue and engrave through that just like anodized but the lettering would be aluminum color. Vinyl lettering will actually hold up better than digitally printed signs in a rough setting.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I would ask my customer if I could paint the aluminum blue and then vector cut white acrylic numbers......using Shoe Goo to attach the numbers to the plate. The raised numbers would look great and take a pretty good beating in service. The time saved vector cutting the numbers should more than offset the cost of the acrylic.