Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Testing a Kobalt Mill File

This incorrect listing of the number of files you are getting is a chronic problem that does not seem to be going away. The only thing you can do to protect yourself is ask realistically,how much one file should cost. I see your $16.00 did include shipping. That's about right for the cost of 1 file. But,I'd certainly buy more than 1 file if they could be shipped in the same box,reducing the shipping cost per file.

I dont know George
    There have been many things I buy on sale at outrageous prices
    12.85 for a round trip ticket to LA I bought 4
    And united honored their mistake
    I buy batteries from china for a twentieth of the price in the US, including shipping
    It takes a month or so to get to me them but what the hay.
    I bought these a spares for later use, they are sold as a ten pack I should get a ten pack...
    Carpe Lignum

Bahco files aren't made in china, there is a significant cost to them (i also get chinese batteries), the seller is a small seller (unlike united) and amazon doesn't require sellers to honor listing mistakes. All they have to say is that it was a listing mistake.

George and I have already been on the wrong side of it, thus the earlier warning in this thread.

We only did it once. Bet you will, too!!

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post

George and I have already been on the wrong side of it, thus the earlier warning in this thread.

We only did it once. Bet you will, too!!
    where is this warning?

I think that amazon should make the company correct the ad
    3 weeks later it is still saying a ten pack
    Carpe Lignum

Amazon is just careless about listing files for some reason. Last year they had listed 12 packs of Nicholson files from a few different venders the same way. The vender I tried to buy from(along with several members of this forum) tried wiggling out of it by stating "damaged in warehouse" as their excuse for not having them. "Tool Fetch" was the name of that dealer.

I think Lee Valley and Iridium deserve a shout-out for their auger bit file! I used it last night for some shaping of an aluminum dovetail tail. The filings that came off off the aluminum were very fine shavings. The did not clog either. I just thought it was worth giving credit when it is deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by phil harold View Post
    where is this warning?

I think that amazon should make the company correct the ad
    3 weeks later it is still saying a ten pack
    You're right. It was in another recent thread, and I assumed that was this thread. Someone asked about the same bahco ad and we advised them that it's likely 1 chisel being listed as a box of ten. My apologies for being too lazy to see if this was the same thread.

You're right, too, that amazon should have the company correct the ad.

When we all bought the original spoof - which was nicholson files - $10 for what was supposed to be a pack of 12, the seller blamed amazon changing product numbers or something. no clue who was at fault, but it took them a little bit of time to fix it. If a saw file is less than about 4 bucks per with shipping, you can bet there is something wrong with the listing.

Quote Originally Posted by george wilson View Post
    Amazon is just careless about listing files for some reason. Last year they had listed 12 packs of Nicholson files from a few different venders the same way. The vender I tried to buy from(along with several members of this forum) tried wiggling out of it by stating "damaged in warehouse" as their excuse for not having them. "Tool Fetch" was the name of that dealer.
    Did they end up sending you a box? Because they sure didn't do anything for me. Not that I'm going to go back to that after finding a bahco drop shipper that sells bahco files for $5-7 per.

The Tool Fetch sent me a box finally,but they were soft and worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    When we all bought the original spoof - which was nicholson files - $10 for what was supposed to be a pack of 12, the seller blamed amazon changing product numbers or something. no clue who was at fault, but it took them a little bit of time to fix it. If a saw file is less than about 4 bucks per with shipping, you can bet there is something wrong with the listing.
    got this email this morning:
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    We apologise but there was a listing error that advertised the wrong quantity.
    Unfortunately we can't edit certain details on Amazon's page and it assumes the most similar item.
    We weren't aware that the item was wrong until now so, I've requested the refund and it should be back to you in a couple of days.
    Please keep the item as a way of compensation for the inconvenience caused.
    Apologies for the inconvenience and if you have any further queries don't hesitate on contacting us.
    __________________________________________________ ______________

and then from amazon
    We've processed a refund for the above order in the amount of $28.71. The refund should appear on your account in 2-3 days if issued to a credit card.

looks like I got two free files...
    Carpe Lignum

This nonsense has been going on for years. Why can't Amazon's knuckle heads get it right about files?