Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrading DC... where to start

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    I don't think that one is big enough. It looks like its inflating an elephant balloon.
    I was going to say Star Wars Walker.

Phil, I'm going to build your baffle (attempt to) before I buy anything. Looks like a fun project and maybe I'll learn a few things.
    -Lud

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Ludwig View Post
    Phil, I'm going to build your baffle (attempt to) before I buy anything. Looks like a fun project and maybe I'll learn a few things.
    Sounds good, post back if you run into any questions or trouble.

Does it matter if the baffle/separator is close to the fan or can they be near the tool? I have an abundance of 35g fiber core drums available and was wondering if making a few of them and placing near the tool would work?
    -Lud

After much research and deliberation I ended up having an engineer figure out my DC requirements that will allow me to grow up to a 3 man shop before I need to upgrade. I don't need a separator or filters because I can blow everything directly into a bin outside the shop.

They're trying to sell me a Nederman 5HP, 1PH, 240V motor and fan assembly with starter for $3,568.00 (from the S-500 unit). That's seems like a pretty steep price tag. I've been scouring the auction sites for a similar product but with no luck.

Where are some places I can look at purchasing a 5hp motor and material handling fan assembly for a better price? I'll be using Norfab quick connect ducting.

Thanks,

Justin