Thread: American Girl Doll Shelves

American Girl Doll Shelves

There was a preview of these in my I-Box thread. Simple shelves that served as a test project for my I-Box jig. Maple and Walnut, finish is Seal-A-Cell, Arm-R-Seal, and Renaissance Wax. Finally worked up the courage and had the time to install them.

20140129_002722992_iOS.jpg20140129_002804911_iOS.jpg

Install actually went pretty easily. I used keyhole slots on the back, near the top of the small shelves and the same distance up from the bottom on the big ones. I used my laser level to shoot a level line at the height of the screws and ran the edge of blue tape along that. From there I layed out all the mounting dimensions on the tape so I could install anchors, and screws. The tall ones have an extra set of holes near the top but I didn't feel they needed more once I tried just the lowers.

Blog Entries
    Nice! I hope my granddaughter doesn't decide she needs something like that. I've already made Kit's scooter and a trundle bed.

I made a bed a few years ago but she's never really played with it. She's more into collecting them and dressing them up different ways and doing their hair and displaying than playing with them. She had them on her bookshelf but really needs more room for books there.