Thread: Incra Router Table Questions

Incra Router Table Questions

I purchased the Incra router fence & table combo #3 and plan on building it today before the Super Bowl. Apparently one can easily make a cabinet to fit in the track system but that might be misleading. Have any of you built a cabinet under the Incra kit? If so, how long does it take to build the cabinet? Any experience will be appreciated.

As a side note, I went this route after reading reviews of folks who spent weeks building tables. Wish the free time was there, but it isn't. Unfortunately, time equates to money.

Are you talking about putting panels in the metal stand or building a stand alone wood cabinet? Panels are easy to make and wouldn't take long. Building a stand alone cabinet would take some time and you would have to decide how big you wanted to make it and if you want shelves and such. One thing I recommend, whichever way you go, is get the Clean Sweep system for dust collection. I have the Incra router system mounted in my table saw and with the Clean Sweep system I have almost no dust to clean up. The system works great, no matter what bit you are using at the time.

Here is as far as I could get it in about four and a half hours, including assembly. Goal is less than eight total to build it.

Front.jpgDoor Hole.jpgService Exterior.jpgRouter Electric.jpg

The door top panel opens to accommodate the requirements of the Incra dust enclosure.

Dust Shute.jpg