Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Workbench 2.0

Enjoying too. I very much like my BC wagon but there's nothing magic about it. The green tail vise is what G Hack picked for his dream bench after all. I suspect youll be just fine after a careful install, which they all require. Will say that i vastly prefer square to round after making the switch.

My old bench is DF and no trouble in 10 years.

Good luck and enjoy the massive old iron-- wish i'd been able to use similar.

Cheers,
    C

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Bobo View Post
    The Dude--I'm with you guys.
    It think Dave's response to Winton would have been better if instead of quoting he had inserted a clip!

Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    The green tail vise is what G Hack picked for his dream bench after all.
    Not 5 minutes ago I ran across that old FWW video and was noticing that. His vise tail vise seemed to operate very well which was very encouraging. I just wish they would ditch the green, because well I've been wondering....

Woodworking is terrific for keeping in shape, but it's also a deadly serious killing system...

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Charles View Post
    Good luck and enjoy the massive old iron-- wish i'd been able to use similar.
    Yeah its sweet. I'm tempted knock out a wall of my foundation and put in a a big doorway just so I can fit something similar in my shop some day (though I don't think my wife would approve) My basement stairwell is at most 24" wide which pretty much rules out any of the awesome old machinery.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    It think Dave's response to Winton would have been better if instead of quoting he had inserted a clip!
    I couldn't do it because every clip I found had the whole scene in it - context and all, and that would've been way out of bounds on SMC. i LOVE every jesus segment in the big lebowski, though.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I couldn't do it because every clip I found had the whole scene in it - context and all, and that would've been way out of bounds on SMC. i LOVE every jesus segment in the big lebowski, though.
    Wierd, I just googled the quote and the short clip came right up...yeah, definitely could not play the whole scene here. That would not over well.

Winton probably knows him as El Duderino.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Griggs View Post
    I think I might be the only one who caught that
    When my son recently told me that I would be a grandfather, they asked what I wanted to be called. I said they can just call me The Dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Scott View Post
    When my son recently told me that I would be a grandfather, they asked what I wanted to be called. I said they can just call me The Dude.
    and I hope with all my heart that they in fact do!

Blog Entries
    Chris,

You don't know how happy the picture of you using that jointer makes me feel. I sold that monster to Paul a while ago in the hopes that someone could actually get some more use out of it. I'm glad to see it still doing good work after all these years!

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Clarke View Post
    Chris,

You don't know how happy the picture of you using that jointer makes me feel. I sold that monster to Paul a while ago in the hopes that someone could actually get some more use out of it. I'm glad to see it still doing good work after all these years!
    Oh. So your the fella he bought it from! Awesome!

Paul did a great job getting it setup. It is such a sweet thing to use! Runs amazingly quite. Took me a few times to get used to looking that big cutter head right in the eye as I passed the lumber over it. It is seriously intimidating big piece of sharp spinning steel.

Anyway, I sure enjoyed using it (that was the first time I've ever used a power jointer BTW, quite an introduction), and I know Paul LOVES the thing.
    Last edited by Chris Griggs; 02-04-2014 at 9:39 AM.

I guess you'll find out if they give you a longer name....or if they're into the brevity thing.

Blog Entries
    The dude, that's a name that no one would self-apply where I come from.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    I guess you'll find out if they give you a longer name....or if they're into the brevity thing.
    I said it jokingly at first, but they jumped all over it so I think it's going to stick.

The Grand Dude. Roll with it.