Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super glue for household repairs

I also store my CA in the fridge. Have had a tube for a couple years and it's still usable.

OKAY, after you stored the glue in the freezer until it got very COLD , HOW long will it take to warm up so that you can use it

Zap the best super glue I have found. Have used it on most surfaces. Accidentally spilled some under a piece of wood on my desk the other day and I had to get the wonder bar out to get it off!! Down here it is mainly marketed toward offshore fishermen. I use it to glue skirts onto the acrylic heads of my trolling lures, finish the dacron loops in my wind on leaders, and finish some knots i don't want coming untied. I have put it through the rigors and it has yet to fail me, even holds skirts on when we get hooked up with monster yellowfin tuna and toothy Wahoo. The regular Zap glue is your standard super glue, while the Zap-a-Gap is thicker and will fill larger voids. I have had the same bottle for a while now and have even forgotten to put the cap on a time or two and its still as liquid as the day i bought it. Just be careful because it dries in the blink of an eye

http://www.zapglue.com/
    "When I got home, I drank six more glasses of whiskey and then I finished crafting this small harp, using a bandsaw, a spokeshave, and an oscillating spindle sander." - Ron Swanson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Hotard View Post
    Zap the best super glue I have found. Have used it on most surfaces. Accidentally spilled some under a piece of wood on my desk the other day and I had to get the wonder bar out to get it off!! Down here it is mainly marketed toward offshore fishermen. I use it to glue skirts onto the acrylic heads of my trolling lures, finish the dacron loops in my wind on leaders, and finish some knots i don't want coming untied. I have put it through the rigors and it has yet to fail me, even holds skirts on when we get hooked up with monster yellowfin tuna and toothy Wahoo. The regular Zap glue is your standard super glue, while the Zap-a-Gap is thicker and will fill larger voids. I have had the same bottle for a while now and have even forgotten to put the cap on a time or two and its still as liquid as the day i bought it. Just be careful because it dries in the blink of an eye

http://www.zapglue.com/
    Where do you buy this stuff? Do you have to order if from the distributor? I was hoping for a little less hassle purchasing experience. I am mostly looking for something I can purchase locally, or maybe through Amazon. My use is just for you basic honey-do project.
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    OKAY, after you stored the glue in the freezer until it got very COLD , HOW long will it take to warm up so that you can use it
    I like to know the answer to this one too!
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Where do you buy this stuff? Do you have to order if from the distributor? I was hoping for a little less hassle purchasing experience. I am mostly looking for something I can purchase locally, or maybe through Amazon. My use is just for you basic honey-do project.
    You can order off of amazon. They sell it at local fishing stores around here so I have never had an issue. Maybe try a local Bass Pro or Cabelas if you have one
    "When I got home, I drank six more glasses of whiskey and then I finished crafting this small harp, using a bandsaw, a spokeshave, and an oscillating spindle sander." - Ron Swanson

Years ago I read that keeping superglue in the freezer wasn't good, it should be kept in the fridge. Don't ask me where I read that but it long before the internet came along. At work we used the Loctite brand with good results. We took it out of the refrigerator and used it immediately.

By far the nastiest superglue I ever used was made by Eastman Kodak! I had to call for help and then had the phone glued to my hand in addition to my other woes.

-Tom Stenzel