Thread: LV low on stock?

Thumbs up LV low on stock?

Tried to order a Router Plane - out of stock.

Tried to order a LA Jack - out of stock.

Yeah, I know. I definitely fell down the slippery slope. So please keep your Festools away from me - one new addiction is enough for now.

Anyway, I hope this means they are getting a huge amount of well-deserved business. But Im curious whether anyone else tried to order this week and ran into this?

Fred
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 02-07-2014 at 9:37 PM. Reason: typo

There's always something out of stock in my cart. That router plane has been back ordered for some time now but my experience is that their ETAs are deadly accurate.
    "If you have all your fingers, you can convert to Metric"

A week ago I started a router plane order & it was in stock. I didn't have my password so I deferred to today only to get the dreaded " out of stock" message. I think 23 classmates and I may be responsible--Cerritos College Advanced Hand Tool class will be using router planes extensively this spring.

It seems like a lot of the popular planes like the Router plane and jack plane seem to come in and out of stock quite often. I had to wait a few weeks for a router plane last year when I got mine. Every time I've ordered something that was out of stock it's come a few days or more before the the expected date.

By the way if anyones interested it looks like LV just got a small batch of wenzloff saws which have been out of stock for quite a while.

They were also at the Woodworking Show in Columbus last weekend. I'm sure they got a blast of orders from that. Yesterday, they told me my bevel up smoother was backordered until March 3rd but lo and behold, it arrived this afternoon.

A few months ago, I tried to order one as well, and got the "out of stock" story. They wanted to back order, which I won't do. So I cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruperto Mendiones View Post
    A week ago I started a router plane order & it was in stock. I didn't have my password so I deferred to today only to get the dreaded " out of stock" message. I think 23 classmates and I may be responsible--Cerritos College Advanced Hand Tool class will be using router planes extensively this spring.
    Well, you students need it more than I do Ruperto. So if that happens to be what caused it, Ill gladly wait my turn. Im only a hobbyist and you folks are traing to be professionals. Best of luck at school!
    Fred

Hehe....I bought your router plane last week. It was delivered on Wednesday. It's nice and you will love yours when yours gets in! BTW, I got the LA Jack last year on Cyber Monday. Love that one too.
    As for the status of in stock items, I had a couple of things that shifted in and out of stock over a week. Pulled the trigger when it all showed in stock.
    Maurice