Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please share with family and friends

Please share with family and friends

EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR LOVED ONES! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!

WOW!!! Real interesting! Something I did not know, could come in handy..

I wish when my nephew was badly burned someone had known this.

A young man sprinkling his lawn and bushes with pesticides wanted to check the contents of the barrel to see how much pesticide remained in it. He raised the cover and lit his lighter; the vapors ignited and engulfed him He jumped from his truck, screaming.

His neighbor came out of her house with a dozen eggs and a bowl yelling: "bring me some more eggs!"

She broke them, separating the whites from the yolks.
    The neighbor woman helped her to apply the whites onto the young man's face.

When the ambulance arrived and the EMTs saw the young man, they asked who had done this. Everyone pointed to the lady in charge.

They congratulated her and said: "You have saved his face."

By the end of the summer, the young man brought the lady a bouquet of roses to thank her. His face was like a baby's skin.
    A Healing Miracle for Burns:

Keep in mind this treatment of burns is being included in teaching beginner fireman. First Aid consists of first spraying cold water on the affected area until the heat is reduced which stops the continued burning of all layers of the skin. Then, spread the egg whites onto the affected area.

One woman burned a large part of her hand with boiling water. In spite of the pain, she ran cold faucet water on her hand, separated 2 egg whites from the yolks, beat them slightly and dipped her hand in the solution. The whites then dried and formed a protective layer.

She later learned that the egg white is a natural collagen and continued during at least one hour to apply layer upon layer of beaten egg white. By afternoon she no longer felt any pain and the next day there was hardly a trace of the burn. 10 days later, no trace was left at all and her skin had regained its normal color. The burned area was totally regenerated thanks to the collagen in the egg whites, a placenta full of vitamins.

Since this information could be helpful to everyone: Please share it!
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

My three favorite things are the Oxford comma, irony and missed opportunities

The problem with humanity is: we have paleolithic emotions; medieval institutions; and God-like technology. Edward O. Wilson

Harry,

I worked for a very large fire department for 34 years, where all of us were EMT's and about a third of us were paramedics. 80% or so of our calls were for medical reasons. I can positively say that this treatment was never taught, or even mentioned during training.

Sorry,
    Rick Potter

Good to know info. Thanks Harry.

I saw it on Facebook. It must be true.

Thanks Mike for posting the link to Urban Legends. For those who won't read it, the article list reputable sources (Mayo Clinic and The American Red Cross ) that urge NOT to use eggs or other home remedies to treat burns. Cold water is the recommended emergency treatment then to hospital.

http://www.snopes.com is a good place to verify "facts". Unfortunately widely circulated emails "please share with everyone" or emails about politians littering the net come election time, are b.s. or slanderous.

Paul

Conventional wisdom vs Current medical sources?

Interesting.

Does it mean current medical sources have always been right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Edwards(2) View Post
    Does it mean current medical sources have always been right?
    If you were a betting man, you'd bet on medicine over nonmedical solutions. Why? Because they are actually willing to do controlled tests and prove the efficacy of treatments (in terms of outcomes and frequencies of each), etc.

If it's not critical, then you can do whatever you'd like. I try to keep all of my situations non-critical, but it's not always possible.

I'm Sorry about falling for this, my first HOAX of 2014, but it came from a reputable source, so I didn't check it with Truth or Fiction or Snopes!

And Rick, I served My Community for 23 years on our local VFD, 11 years of that as a chief, 5 as the main Chief. I Salute your 34 years of service.
    Last edited by harry strasil; 02-11-2014 at 2:50 PM.
    Jr.
    Hand tools are very modern- they are all cordless
    NORMAL is just a setting on the washing machine.
    Be who you are and say what you feel... because those that matter... don't mind...and those that mind...don't matter!
    By Hammer and Hand All Arts Do Stand

You're not the first to fall for one of these. We all get egg on our face from time to time.

Harry, I did not intend to be critical of you. I have fallen for enough of those myself that I try to check them out and wanted to provide a source for reliable info.
    Paul

Haven't we all.

My personal best was the foot cleansing scam, where they draw out all the impurities. Wife talked me into that one.

RP

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Potter View Post
    Haven't we all.

My personal best was the foot cleansing scam, where they draw out all the impurities. Wife talked me into that one.

RP
    Yeah. That's why I never wash my feet anymore.
    I am never wrong.

Well...I thought I was wrong once...but I was mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by harry strasil View Post
    I'm Sorry about falling for this, my first HOAX of 2014, but it came from a reputable source, so I didn't check it with Truth or Fiction or Snopes!

And Rick, I served My Community for 23 years on our local VFD, 11 years of that as a chief, 5 as the main Chief. I Salute your 34 years of service.
    Goodness, Harry, if someone comes down on you for trying to do something nice, we'll all be on their case pronto. Certainly no need to apologize.

Yeah, you were just trying to give us a collagen education .