Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please share with family and friends

I have never seen a single thing that started with this or something similar that was true
    EVERYONE PLEASE SHARE THIS WITH YOUR LOVED ONES! IT'S VERY IMPORTANT!
    Not one ... ever.

2. reminds me of the candle wax method to clean ears
    Mike >............................................/ Maybe I'm doing this Babysitting Gig to throw off the Authorities \................................................<

Absolutely no need to apologize Harry. As I said, we all fall for some of those, they are just too irresistible. I guess I should be saluting you, Chief. Well done. I know there are a lot of volunteer FF's out there helping their community.

Hey, gotta tell you my Nebraska story. My wife has a cousin who lives near Valentine NE, where he has a cattle ranch. We visited there a lifetime ago, and while there he asked if I would like to go with him and his son to round up some cattle to do a pink eye treatment. Early the next morning we head out with a pickup truck towing three horses. A few miles down the road, we mount up and ride to a grazing area near a river. I had never been on a horse, except as a child being led around in a circle at the local fair. They take off at a fast walk, and I try to keep up. After about 1/4 mile I notice how much smoother they are riding than me. I am getting bounced around pretty badly.

They finally stopped and watched me catch up, then I asked what the horses name was. Bouncer, they laughed, having fun with the tenderfoot. "He bounces everybody". That darn horse would brush up against bushes and trees, trying to show me who was boss. Then, he walked right under a low hanging branch that was so low, I could not duck it. There I was trying to get him to stop, the branch bending against me, and the horse forcing himself forward, till the branch knocked me off the horse, into the bank of the slow moving river.

This is when I got even. My hosts stopped laughing, panicked, and raced over to me, thinking I might drown. Actually, I hardly got wet. It turned out neither of them could swim and it really frightened them that I might not. We did our appointed rounds for 13 hours on the back of that mangy horse, and when we got up the next morning they were very disappointed that I was not saddle sore. It was a great time, being cowboy for a day.

Rick Potter

Quote Originally Posted by David Weaver View Post
    If you were a betting man, you'd bet on medicine over nonmedical solutions. Why? Because they are actually willing to do controlled tests and prove the efficacy of treatments (in terms of outcomes and frequencies of each), etc.

If it's not critical, then you can do whatever you'd like. I try to keep all of my situations non-critical, but it's not always possible.
    Thanks! I'll quit using pixie dust, chanting and dancing around naked.

Pixie dust is pretty good. Especially if it comes in straws and tastes like sugar!!