Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I figured I'd make y'all feel a little better.

Why did you end up removing the entire tub?
    That started with my wife asking about the possibility of putting in a whirlpool tub.
    We talked about it - (and I asked here for some help to talk her out of it ) and decided it was too involved. We don't have an open spot in the panel for a breaker to run a circuit for the whirlpool so we'd have to install a sub panel for that. There's no room for a sub panel - which would have meant making room.

So.....even though I talked her out of a whirlpool tub, she still had her heart set on ceramic tile and a new acrylic tub, since the old fiberglass tub and surround was so miserable to try to keep clean.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Same thing happened to me. Wife said "I don't like the cabinets....can't you just paint them white?"

Had a water issue under the toilet, too. Ended up replacing everything except the tile on the walls. Toilet, cabinets, vanity, put in porcelain tile floor. No access to the floor under the bathroom, either, because it's over a garage and access would've meant going through plaster from under. A royal pain!

Thank you Rich!

my reply to you got me going and I just finished running the water supply and installed the new faucet. And best of all, NO LEAKS!.
    Now I just have to replace the drain with a new one and I can start installing the floor and walls... probably another year before that's done...
    ~Everyone has the strength, few possess the will~

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Engelhardt View Post
    That started with my wife asking about the possibility of putting in a whirlpool tub.
    We talked about it - (and I asked here for some help to talk her out of it ) and decided it was too involved. We don't have an open spot in the panel for a breaker to run a circuit for the whirlpool so we'd have to install a sub panel for that. There's no room for a sub panel - which would have meant making room.

So.....even though I talked her out of a whirlpool tub, she still had her heart set on ceramic tile and a new acrylic tub, since the old fiberglass tub and surround was so miserable to try to keep clean.
    Try to talk her out of a tub and just put in a walk in shower.

Mike

[My shower project started with my wife noticing a loose tile on the outside of the dam of the shower. That morphed into the replacement of the whole pan, and the tile half way up. Then new glass because the old glass was "scratched and spotted". Left on my own, I would have just glued the loose tile back.]
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

And best of all, NO LEAKS!.
    That my friend is a cause to go out to nice place to eat, quaff some beverage and splurge on something good!
    Anytime a plumbing job goes off w/out a leak or a call to a plumber it's a major step ahead for mankind!

I'm 100% convinced that human beings were never meant to have dwellings where water could both be kept out and brought in.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Anytime a plumbing job goes off w/out a leak or a call to a plumber it's a major step ahead for mankind!

I'm 100% convinced that human beings were never meant to have dwellings where water could both be kept out and brought in.
    And back out again after enjoying the convenience
    Further, being super particular about the water coming in and going out. Potable water must be safe; we get finicky over minerals, hardness, dissolved solids, taste, odor, and much more. We want it frozen, warm, really hot, simmering, boiling, in the form of steam and sometimes higher than boiling in pressure vessels. We want it inside and outside, on demand, self-regulating, never with leaks, flowing in one direction only. As soon as we are done with it, we want it to go away via another system, totally isolated.
    ...a bit above creek water in a goat bladder in your basic cave

I can relate to these projects as I've done a lot of renovations and remodel jobs. One small thing leads to another thing, which leads to another, to the point of where do I quit digging deeper. Should I bring in the wrecking ball and save the basement hole?

So next time you see a loose corner on the wall paper in the basement, leave it alone otherwise it could lead to a new roof.

Tile is all up - except for the bull nose trim.
    Now comes the nasty part we all love so much -putting in the grout!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Having done a lot of "Home Improvements" over the years I am totally convinced that it is easier and less expensive and less time consuming just to buy another house.

I have a tile job coming up pretty soon, if you are available Rich.

Rick Potter

Tile is all up - except for the bull nose trim.
    Now comes the nasty part we all love so much -putting in the grout!
    Is the plan to keep the writing on the as part of the new decor? Just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Creech View Post
    Having done a lot of "Home Improvements" over the years I am totally convinced that it is easier and less expensive and less time consuming just to buy another house.
    I love that!

Is the plan to keep the writing on the as part of the new décor?
    LOL!
    Matter of fact...
    There is a cabinet that goes in that spot & I thought about leaving the writing there just to amuse whoever tears things out next!

I really get a kick out of things like that I run across in a rehab!