Thread: 2D Engrave direct from CorelDraw to Roland MDX40a (CutStudio perhaps?)

2D Engrave direct from CorelDraw to Roland MDX40a (CutStudio perhaps?)

I've been lasering for years, and just got a Roland MDX40a. Any idea if there's a way to go directly from CorelDraw to the MDX40a without going through the (very out-dated) Dr. Engrave and 3D Engrave programs that Roland provides? I'm only interested in 2D engraving for this purpose... not expecting Corel to 3D mill prototypes

I see Roland has a program called CutStudio which includes a CorelDraw plug-in for going directly from Corel to their EGX line of engraving machines. But no mention of it working with their 3d mills (MDX line).

From searching other posts on Sawmill Creek I've seen it mentioned as "should be possible" a number of time, but no one actually saying they successfully operate that way.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Last edited by Terry R Peterson; 02-16-2014 at 4:01 PM. Reason: minor typo
    70w Helix 24 | Ultimaker 2 Go

Founder/CEO of Envies Flavor Shot - flavorings for adult beverages. Became a follower of Sawmill Creek from running a monogram acrylic jewelry biz for the last 5 years using 70w Helix 24, 30w Helix 24, and 30w Zing 16. It's been a blessing that allowed me to walk away from 12 years of IT Project Management to work from home with my wife and our two young boys. Some prayers get answered before you even pray them.

V carve pro will do all you want and more - its $600 - worth every penny - has a postp for your roland.
    Its MUCH better than corel
    Download the trial version and try it with your machine , from Vectric
    We use if for our Isels , Teckel and Roland 2300
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher