I've got an idea that will require me gluing acrylic pen blanks together stacked side by side and end think of it as butcher block.

First, I need to permanently add a section of wood in the middle of the pen blank. I'm assuming CA is sufficient for this and still hold up for the next steps.

Now I want to do a newspaper joint between blanks stacked side to side and end to end say 20 side by side X 2 end to end. then I'm going to newspaper glue it to a waste block that I'll mount to a face plate. Then I'll do face work on it. then brake down the newspaper joints.

OK so does anyone have recommendations? What kind of glue with hold acrylic to newspaper and still allow it to separate? Will the First permanent glue hold up with out separating when it comes time to break it all down? I'd experiment, but dang those pen blanks aren't cheap so I'd rather get some input first.

Oh and one more thing is there such a place that sells 1x6 acrylic, because that would eliminate the need for me to extend each blank with wood in the middle?

If I've been unclear is describing my problem, let me know I'll rephrase. Thanks for your help