Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bottle Stopper Displays

Bottle Stopper Displays

Does anyone have an interesting way to display bottle stoppers at a craft show? Thank you.

Depends on what you mean by interesting. I have seen a ring turned to fit over a wine bottle like a collar, then holes for the stoppers turned in it all the way around.

Hey Steve. Not sure how interesting this is but here is what I do.
    BOTTLE STOPPER DISPLAY.jpg
    Pete

* It's better to be a lion for a day than a sheep for life - Sister Elizabeth Kenny *
    I think this equates nicely to wood turning as well . . . . .

I don't go to craft shows and only make a few bottle stoppers, but I always thought cutting off the top of wine bottles and using them to display the stoppers. I think alot of people see them and don't know what they are. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Stivison View Post
    I don't go to craft shows and only make a few bottle stoppers, but I always thought cutting off the top of wine bottles and using them to display the stoppers. I think alot of people see them and don't know what they are. Just my 2 cents
    I rarely go to craft shows but the couple times I have I did have bottle stoppers with me. The first question most people asked when they picked one up to look at was "What's this for?". Of course here in Kentucky I doubt that anything bottled stays in the bottle long enough to need a stopper, just saying.

"The best things in life are not things."

I've done some craft shows and my display was simple. However, I still had to inform some people what they are used for.

IMG_0268.jpg

I was asked once at a craft show how to make the ink come out to write with it.

here's one I use .. I actually have sold the holder on its own! I have had someone buy 4 stoppers from my and I gave them the holder with it. Most of them have 4 holes, this one ended up with 3.

stopper holder.jpgIMG_7173 (1024x683).jpg

Another stopper display.

DISPLAY3.jpg

John those are exceptional. Would love to hear more about them.

Here's another idea. Mounted on a carousel (lazy Susan) bearing, it moves and holds a total of 31 pieces, including the one in the bottle. Having a bottle on the table eliminates the questions as to, "What are they for?" The 5 arms are identical, set at 36 degrees from the one below, in a spiral pattern.

In an actual display, the ones lying flat on the table would not be there, but this is the only picture I have right now.

The wine bottle is filled with wood shavings to allay any 'open container' hassle, and to reinforce the theme that these originally came from wood.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the great ideas! I never realized I would have to explain what they were for. Seems like I should use something that incorporates a wine bottle (real or turned out of wood). Thanks again.

Steve

Here is a simple way I do it. I drilled the tapered holes with a cheap Harbor Freight step drill bit.
    Good luck,
    DSCF0090.jpg

Using Acrylic is one of the best ways to show off your work on the stoppers while not distracting your eye from them with other wood. It allows the shopper to concentrate on your work. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Hensley View Post
    John those are exceptional. Would love to hear more about them.
    Bill, the displays are made from sections of acrylic tube which are glued to a flat acrylic plate with CA glue. The stainless stopper, the second blue stopper and the third clear stopper, all form the left in the photo, are solid one piece construction.