Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest Wood Gloat...........

Biggest Wood Gloat...........

I came upon a logging company that was clearing some property and he said he had alot of logs that he could not send to the mill and was going to chip them up. After talking to him he said if I had a way to haul them he give them to me and load them too. I got a Walnut log 12ft long x25" through,Maple log 18ft x 15" through, Cherry logs (3) 12ft long x 14-16" through,Cedar (2) 12 x 14-19"through. and a Sycamore 10ft long x 3ft through. Great time to make friends with a logging company. Is this great or what?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Check out that HUGE Walnut crotch on the trailer. Its 27" at the bottom.

WOW - that's a lifetime supply of wood. Happy Turning!

Here is a few more pics of me trying to get the Sycamore off the trailer. It was a pain and I had to end up cutting it into.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope you have a lot of friends and a large supply of Anchor Seal. Great gloat on any one log. After that,.............. I bet the trailer tires took a beating as did the little Toy pulling it.

Certainly worthy of a very large YOU SUCK!!!!!!

man o man......that's what i call go for it........but you need some help..........enjoy

I have offered my local turning club members over to the house this weekend for a "Blank cutting party".

I may need to join your club! Nice gloat, and excellent that it was saved from a chipper!
    Laugh at least once daily, even if at yourself!

Now that is a great haul!! If you have the support of a spouse with that wood in the yard that is an extra bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Just a little past the "Best Before" date.

Lumbermen are your friend. A nice bowl or some other pieces in return would be appreciated a great deal. They'll also think of you next time they have something special. Hopefully it's the start of a long relationship.

Good for you.

Dave F.

You win! Definitely a great haul. Don't know that I have the space for all those logs, but I'd sure want to try. Having club members over is a great idea.

Donnie, I'm hoping you'll be my BFF. Any plans to visit Colorado?
    "Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig." Robert Heinlein

"[H]e had at home a lathe, and amused himself by turning napkin rings, with which he filled up his house, with the jealousy of an artist and the egotism of a bourgeois."
    Gustave Flaubert, Madame Bovary

I have plenty of room in my yard for all the wood I want to bring home. Its fun to see what kind of treasures are inside each one. By the way, I do have a few turners coming by the house today and we are going to work some of this up.

Sharing is loving! A lot of things you can make out from those logs! Lucky man.