Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: fake RECI tube?

I tend to advocate matched supplies, if you get a ZX1050 then the supply from EFR will be the most stable to use. PSU's tend to be worlds apart from China, good ones are great ,bad ones are tube killers.

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Wow, 60W in 1050mm? That's much better than average. So while I wait for Monday in China for my Alibaba reply, does anyone know the recent price list of these EFR tubes?
    LCJingKe 400mm x 600mm 50W, CorelLaser X6

It's a fatbody tube Matt so you will need new mounts as well, make sure your machine has clearance for the bigger diameter. From memory the 1050 is *about* $350 FOB

cheers

Dave
    You did what !

Yes, I saw - 80mm. I think there's plenty of space but i will check tonight. I did ask them to quote mounts as well, but around $350 doesn't sound too bad.
    LCJingKe 400mm x 600mm 50W, CorelLaser X6

Hi All,

I am relatively new to this forum, but have been reading many of the posts here in preparation for ordering my first laser next week and have gained a lot of knowledge. Back in Feb. on this thread, Dave Sheldrake made a convincing argument for EFR tubes over RECI. Based on this I plan to have the RECI Z2's, which come standard on my laser, replaced with EFR ZX 1250's. According to the manufacturer the price is the same (I thought the EFRs would be slightly cheaper but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt because it's a non-standard config).

If I can resurrect this thread briefly before I order: has anyone else had positive or negative experiences with EFR? Dave, has your opinion changed for any reason since last February?

Thanks,
    Joe

Yup it has,

I now have an even higher opinion of EFR, I won't use anything else other than EFR or GSI (SLC) units but they are well out of the more normal price range (Think $20,000 for a 200 watt for an SLC)
    You did what !

7. Resurrecting a topic here, talking about strengths of different tube manufacturers. What are thoughts about Puri? I agree and love EFR but I have a possibility to get a good deal on some Puri tubes.

Puri are ok...not great but ok...pretty much on a par with TongLi/YongLi better versions
    You did what !