Josh and Jim. No you don't need to loosen the screw cap to adjust the blade with the norris adjuster...and the Norris adjuster is excellent. The screw cap vs lever cap preference is at the end of the day pretty minimal. I don't prefer a lever cap enough over the Veritas screw cap to bother putting a Stanley lever cap on there. Its more that given the choice I would rather have a lever cap, it's just a little quicker and subjectively feels a little more convenient to snap a lever cap as opposed to unscrewing something. Its always hard to comment on LN and LV tools since we are commenting on some of the finest tools ever made...so when I say something like "I like a lever cap better" its not that there is any problem with the screw cap (after all a wooden wedge holds a blade in place just fine) it more along the lines of given the choice when buying a new expensive tool what would be ideal. By the same token, when I say something like "I like the LV frog better than the bedrock design" it doesn't mean that I have any issue with the bedrock reproduction (LN, clifton, WR) or bedrock design...its genius..it just means that I think perhaps the full length LV frog may actually somehow managed to improve on that genius..even if its only to make things more user friendly in small way.

Jim, I'm working student recruitment events all weekend. I'll try to snap some pics of the guts tomorrow after work, but I have Monday off so if not tomorrow Monday. What I like about the LV guts/frog is that no matter how open or tight you have the mouth the blade is supported all the way to the bottom of the sole, and the blade adjustment and projection doesn't change. It j ust seems very solid. I'm a set it and forget it kinda guy when it comes to frogs but this design also makes adjustment easier if you tend to do that.

Jeff, I'll check the cap iron tomorrow or Monday. In a stanley one should be able to adjust the cap iron beyond the edge of the blade...I presume the same is true of the Veritas but I will confirm it.