Thread: A tool chest for the Dungeon Shop/PIP

Cool A tool chest for the Dungeon Shop/PIP

Been working off and on the last three weeks on a small Schwarzy tool chest. Back panel was just Pine boardswith two raised panel and three rails. Top rail is Black Walnut, to match the rest of the chest. ends have two raised panels of Sycamore. Front has two of Black Walnut. Lid is a three board glue-up. The floor is just two wide pine boards with an air gap ( 1/8" wide in the middle) for expansion. There is a saw till that holds four panel saws, and a backsaw. the rest of the bottom area holds seven hand planes, at least. There is a single tray to hold smaller tools. It slides back and forth on pine tracks. Have since installed a lid, and added a seal coat of gloss poly. DSCF0039 (1024x768).jpgDSCF0043 (1024x768).jpgDSCF0044 (1024x768).jpgDSCF0034 (1024x768).jpgLid itself is 18-1/2" by 28-1/2" Box stands about 20" tall. It will hold a few of the toys in the shop. Might try to make a til for the chisels, someday

Blog Entries
    Nice looking chest. Are there going to be handles so you can pick it up and move it around?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

IF I can find a couple long enough to reach the side of the chest's corner posts. It would need to be screwed/bolted into the corner posts.

Found a cure or two to fuzzy photos, #1) Me. BP cause these hands to shake enough to fuzz things up. #2) The camera-ooski in use. "Auto Focus" doesn't. Will try a little better camera, and have my son do the photo shoot. Right now, I still have a tote tray to build.